Painter's Drop Clothe Curtains {How To}

Most women would agree with me that if the kitchen is clean, organized, and homey... your entire house feels the same way. Therefore, to make our small rental home feel like our own we have started with a few DIY projects in our kitchen. This will be a series of posts, so stay tuned for more projects that you could do simply and cost-effectively.





It makes sense that this was incorporated in our kitchen since Parker is the CEO of Perfection Painting and I am a want-to-be seamstress :)!


Lowes Shopping List:


1- 4x5 painter's drop clothe ($4.68)


Found in my home:


Sewing machine

Ruler

Extra Fabric

Curtain Rod (which was $2.97 at Walmart)

Do It Yourself:


As I attempt at being a seimstress, I have quickly realized the importance of a straight line. Many of you know I am far from a perfectionists.... therefore, I am trying to teach myself to be one as it is very much necessary in this hobby! So, remember when cutting, a straight line is important!


Ok.

-Measure your window to determine the length you want the curtain to be (keep in mind to add 2-3 in.-depending on your curtain rod- for your hem).

- For the width of my window it worked out perfect to simply cut the tarp in half. It may be different for you, so measure the width you want the curtain to be and cut.

-Sew your hem at the top leaving enough room for your curtain rod to fit in.

(I left my edges raw for a unique look. If you want to add a hem around all edges you can do that also.)

-Choose the color of fabric for your accent ties.

-Choose the length in which you want the tie to hang, then cut and add a hem to it.

- Hang and adjust ties to wrap around panels and voila... your curtain is done.


Final Cost:


$7.65


No comments:

Post a Comment