Roll Cart to Kid's Cart

Do ever pass by these at the thrift store and think of a Old Persons home or something tacky? I know before I put on my DIY glasses, I thought that!


First of all, I did receive one from my friend, Brittany Devault (@thedailycupcakewithbrittany.blogspot.com), and she had given me the idea of making a craft cart out of it... which I did! I now have a mobile craft cart that I take to ever one of my craft shows. On the other hand, I didn't think many other people would actually need something exactly the same... so what did I do? I got my ideas and supplies together...

The supplies consisted of: A paint brush, a can of chalk board paint ($12 @ Lowes), and a cheap can of hot pink paint from the local Humane Resale Store ($1). Now I am ready to work!

I put my imagination into the idea that I had my very own little girl around the age of 4-7. And boom, it hit me... a mobile chalkboard/ toy storage cart! Therefore, that is exactly what I made. I found this cart at The Samaratin Thrift for $3 and went to work!

I simple painted all the brown parts hot pink... I left the stainless steal, stainless steal- I liked the look it gave. Then I put 3-4 coats of chalkboard paint on the top of the cart.

I absolutely love this... and ended up selling it, because I don't have a daughter yet! Also, an idea would be that you place a couple of baskets on the bottom shelf for some of her favorite toys! I can just envision a mom cooking dinner while this little cart sits in the kitchen while the little girl is calmly coloring on the top (Ok I know the world of children can get crazy... but, it is just a idea!)

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, Jes! Very creative, cute, and something a little girl would love!

    ReplyDelete