{How To Antique A Dresser}

I told you to stay tune for the white antique dresser that was quite the yard sale find. I purchased this dresser for $10 and made it to look worth a lot more than this!


Here is the before picture (well after I had started sanding it):





*First step was to sand it down completely ( I used a electric sander which made life a lot easier).


* Secondly, Prime the dresser.


* Thirdly, paint the dresser the color of your choice (my choice was white).

* Fourthly, decide if you want to purchase new hardware for the drawer knobs (which is the more expensive route) or if you want to spray paint the old knobs (what I did).


I found a brassy metallic spray paint at Lowes that I have begun spray painting everything with! I love it!

* Fifthly, let everything dry and put your dresser back together... knobs on drawers and drawers in dresser.

Lastly, Sand down the edges and lightly over the entire dresser to make the dresser appear antique...

Voila...




If you are interested in learning how to build something like this... check out Ana-White's Blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment